CALL FOR MENTORS
Sustainable Finance Geneva (SFG) and the Geneva Impact Investing Association (GIIA) have joined forces to empower the next generation of sustainable finance professionals. We are proud to launch the GIIA-SFG Mentorship Program.
This program will provide an opportunity for students to learn from experienced sustainable finance professionals and build their skills and knowledge. SFG is calling on its members and community to participate in this unique program as mentors. All details can be found below.
Why become a mentor?
The GIIA-SFG Mentorship Program offers you the unique chance to share your expertise, wisdom, and connections to help young professionals navigate the intricate landscape of sustainable finance and impact investing. Being a mentor is a fulfilling experience and a great opportunity to share what you have learned throughout your career to help someone just beginning their own journey.
What is required?
To keep the program accessible to the largest number of people, three sessions between mentees and mentors are structured into the program. Mentors and mentees may, of course, keep in touch after the program if they choose to do so. GIIA and SFG provide helpful resources like discussion questions, mock interview guides, etc. to help the pairs navigate their meetings.
- INTRODUCTIONS (one-on-one) – in the first meeting, mentors will share information about their own career paths and answer the mentees questions about the finance industry. The mentee will share their career goals and aspirations and ask for general advice about the approach they should take to navigating the industry.
- CAREER ADVICE (one-on-one) – the second meeting is more career focused. Mentees may ask mentors for advice on their CV and cover letter, or the pair can decide to do a mock interview to help the mentee practice.
- NETWORKING APERO (group setting) – to close out the program, GIIA and SFG will bring all mentors and mentees for a night of networking and sharing.
- Mentee-Mentor matching: March 15th
- First session: By end of March
- Second session: By mid-April
- Networking and reflection session: End of April
Anyone interested in being a mentor should complete this form by March 1st.
About Geneva Impact Investing Association (GIIA):
Established in September 2021, GIIA is a student-led initiative at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID), focusing on impact investing, sustainable finance, and ESG. Our mission is to foster the next generation of leaders in these fields by providing them with knowledge, networking opportunities, and practical experiences. Through this partnership with SFG, we aim to bridge the gap between academic understanding and professional practice in sustainable finance by offering mentorship to the students of IHEID, UNIGE and HEG.