Duration: 3-6 months, 15 hours per week
Compensation: paid internship, exact offer dependent on the profile of the candidate
Sustainable Finance Geneva (SFG) is a pioneer association dedicated to promoting sustainable finance in the Swiss market. Established in 2008 in Geneva, Switzerland, we strive to be the trusted knowledge partner, committed to engaging with the financial industry, civil society, international organizations and policy-makers to shape sustainable business practices and value creation. SFG has over 375 individual members and over 45 institutional members including banks, asset managers, and asset owners.
SFG is looking for a Communications Intern to support in delivering the organization’s communication strategy and activities.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Output Expectations
Reporting to the SFG Community Manager, the intern will:
- Draft the monthly SFG newsletter. This includes liaising with various Geneva-based organizations to gather relevant content and ensuring it serves the interests of SFG’s community.
- Manage SFG’s website, updating it with the various activities the organization hosts monthly.
- Manage SFG’s social media to activate the community and relay information on the progress being made in the field of sustainable finance, particularly in Geneva.
- Support SFG with the preparation of various events.
- Draft and translate documents, presentations, and e-mails to support the activities of SFG.
- Conduct research and tracking of the latest developments related to sustainable finance to support communication tasks.
- Schedule meetings with partners/collaborators, prepare agendas, and record detailed notes and action items; ensure appropriate follow-up on tasks identified during partner meetings.
- Carry out any other ad hoc or administrative tasks, as may be required to support the organization.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree (complete or in progress) in communications, finance, economics, international relations, development studies, political science, intergovernmental affairs, or a related field.
- No prior work experience is required.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in both English and French. As SFG is a Geneva-based organization, strong command of French (both spoken and written) is mandatory.
- A strong ability to multitask and be conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results. Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments.
- Teamwork skills and ability to collaborate and work with a wide range of individuals at varying levels of seniority and subject matters.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Please complete this application form (including submission of CV) by August 21, 2023.